Effective treatment of acne can be quite challenging. Yet, dealing with the aftermath is far worse and can have an adverse impact on your confidence. The majority of men out of desperation try eliminate acne scars with poor choises.
They settle for solutions with major side-effects. These include topical medication or high-risk prescription drugs and many others. They end up disappointed because they end up the same or even worse at times.
Well, worry not lad! You are on the right place to start making some better choices. Following, are some of our most effective face masks that kick ass of your acne scars. 😉
Natural Home Made Remedies
1. Cucumber Mask
It is by far the most popular natural remedy among Asians and people in the Middle East. The cucumber juice is the astringent which lightens the visible acne scars. As a result they are less visible and blend in with your natural skin complexion.
To make a cucumber face mask, all you have to do is:
1) peel 1 or 2 round slices of cucumber,
2) pour 1 tablespoon of greek yogurt on it and
3) smear it all over your face with smooth cyclical moves.
Lastly rinse it after 15-20 minutes, and you should be all set.
2. Aloe Vera Masks
It is a fact there are a ton of skin care products on the market containing Aloe Vera. Its benefits? Many. Anti-inflammatory, astringent, coagulator and pain reliever are only some of them.
For many years, it has cured acne as well as reduced visibility of acne scars with great success. But why? That’s because Aloe Vera contains two hormones, auxin and gibberellins. These hormones serve as natural antibiotic against the “bad” microbes that cause acne.
To make the Aloe Vera mask, all you have to do is:
1) Squeeze 1 lemon and take its juice, then
2) blend it with 100% Aloe Vera gel and
3) smear it all over your face with smooth circular moves.
Let it soak in for about 20 minutes then rinse it off with some warm water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar Masks
This works like magic. It’s one of the most preferred and effective face masks for acne scars that you should try at home. All you need are four ingredients: honey, apple cider vinegar, sugar and green tea.
The alpha hydroxyl acid contained in the vinegar serves the purpose of getting rid of all the dirt. Bacteria and extra oil clogging the skin. Additionally, it restores the skin’s pH level.
The honey moisturises and kills the “bad” bacteria while nourishing the good ones. It is also incredible anti-inflammatory reducing any swelling or inflammation associated with acne.
The sugar acts as the exfoliator and enhances the regeneration of skin cells.
The green tea with its antioxidants gives you flawless skin keeping you looking youthful.
How then do you prepare this face mask?
1) Pour one tablespoon of the vinegar into a bowl
2) Add 2 tablespoons of green tea, 5 tablespoons of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of honey
3) Stir it all up until it turns into a thick paste.
Smear the paste onto a cotton cloth/pad. Then spread it all over your face in a circular motion to get rid of the dead skin cells. Additionally, this mask enhances blood flow to your skin. Keep the mask on for 20-25 minutes then rinse it off properly with warm water.
Being consistent with this homemade acne mask. Use it 3 times a week for a month or two and you will be certainly satisfied with the results!
4. Burning Face Masks
This face mask for acne scars is the most”spicy”. Give it a try, but you should bear in mind that it will not remove the acne scars overnight. That is a common misconception, don’t fall for it. Instead, being consistent with the mask. Twice a week for a span of 6 months, will without a doubt work wonders on your skin.
To prepare the mask:
1) Mix 1/2 tablespoon of organic cinnamon,
2) with 1/2 tablespoon of nutmeg
3) followed by 1 teaspoon of raw honey,
4) and 2 teaspoons of organic lemon juice until it becomes a thick paste.
Apply it on your face and allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes. You will feel a burning sensation for the first 5-7 minutes after which it wears off.
Word of caution: not intended for people with sensitive skin.
Commercial Solutions for Acne
Countless are the acne face masks on the market. Total chaos. Or not?
There are some guidelines you should follow when searching the market. Look for those masks containing mud and clay as they naturally get rid of sebum, which is the leading cause of acne.
1. Glamglow Super-mud Cleaning Treatment– For $69, this mud mask contains plenty of purifying components such as the BHA and AHA exfoliating acids, eucalyptus (an antioxidant), charcoal and clay that extracts all skin impurities.
2. Smart-mud No Mess Mud Masques – It costs $30 for four facial masks and is a very rare mud mask. It contains charcoal as well as volcanic ash from the epic Jeju Island in South Korea. It pulls all impurities from your skin upon the removal of the mask.
All in all, getting rid of acne scars is certainly not a picnic. Once you find a face mask for acne scars which works best for your skin, do not expect results overnight. Be consistent and patient, and you will reap the benefits.